Hello, all! It’s Bettyann Pernice, your host of the Daily. Sip that latte, crunch that donut, and read on to find out what’s happening in town today:
- While Covid-19 is down, the flu and RSV are way up!
- Hunger/Homelessness Awareness Week returns here in San Diego.
But first, today’s weather:
Breezy with rain.☔High: 68, Low: 60.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in San Diego who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our San Diego Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are four of the top stories in San Diego today:
- Hey, San Diego, protect yourself from COVID-19, the flu, and RSV! This public health alert comes from federal, state, and local leaders. These viruses are hitting both seniors and young children. Patients have been inundating local healthcare providers, especially at Rady Children’s Hospital. Learn what you can do to protect yourself. After all, you don’t want to be ill for the holidays! (San Diego Metropolitan)
- They say it takes a village to end hunger and homelessness, and here in San Diego, the community is invited to join the Father Joe’s Villages and Mission Fed Credit Union Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week event. During Nov. 14 -18, San Diegans can take action with educational, service, participation, fundraising and advocacy events. According to the 2022 Point in Time Count taken by the San Diego Regional Task Force on Homelessness, more than 8,000 people here experience homelessness, while one in four San Diegans experiences nutrition insecurity. Your help is needed now. (There San Diego)
- A new plaque at the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial honors the Navajo Code Talkers who developed a top-secret code right here in San Diego. During World War II, enemies broke every code used by the military. However, they couldn’t break the unwritten Navajo language, as it could only be understood by native speakers. Now, those Navajo Code Talkers will be remembered forever at the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial in La Jolla. (CBS 8)
- The Arts District at Liberty Station is hosting a November to Remember event. Visitors can browse artworks by veterans at the former Naval Training Center. They can let the Art of Flexion Mysterie twist their minds. They can visit the Uplifting Gestures multimedia art installation. They can visit the Mandell Weiss Gallery or the Milk Oolong Studio. Enjoy the Arts District Liberty Station and make some lasting memories. (There San Diego)
- Get into the holiday spirit: “Ho, ho, hop into the holiday cheer all season long at San Diego’s biggest attractions! 🎅 Click here to feel merry and bright with festive shows, bright lights, and even Santa sightings!” (Visit San Diego via Facebook)
- We need fosters! “Can you help us be there for the animals in our community who need shelter and care? We’re looking for foster volunteers to temporarily open their homes to a pet in need while our shelters are full! Although fostering is fur now, not fur-ever, you’ll make a life-changing impact for your special houseguest.” (San Diego Humane Society via Facebook)
- Flamingo Flower in bloom: “Justicia carnea, also known as Flamingo Flower, is in bloom at the Garden! This beautiful bloom can be found around the lawn garden where is gets partial shade for it to thrive. See this and many more blooms all year round at the Garden.” (San Diego Botanic Garden via Facebook)
- San Diego Central Library helps you find your next book: : “Want some help choosing your next book to read? Let an SDPL librarian help you ignite your love of reading! 💛📗 All you have to do is fill out a quick form and you will receive a personalized list of author and title recommendations.” (San Diego Central Library via Facebook)
- Get out and vote! “This Tuesday, #VOTE! In 1962, Charles Sexton (right), the Registrar of Voters for San Diego County, demonstrates a voting machine to Helen Cobb (center) and Robert Cozzens (left).” (San Diego History Center via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Real Estate Investing: How to Cash Flow $100,000+ a Year Tax Free! (Nov. 9)
- Quince & Bridal Festival. (Nov. 13)
- Jazz at the Ballroom Presents “HOLIDAY IN.” (Dec. 1)
- Add your event
You’re officially in the loop for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— Bettyann Pernice
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Diego Daily? Contact me at [email protected]
Go to Source